Why join BMYC?
BMYC is an active and friendly club with a strong social culture founded on a tradition for yacht cruising and racing along the Sussex coast, further afield around the UK, Europe and across the Atlantic. We welcome anyone with an interest in the sea and boats - even if you just like to sit and look at them from our lovely deck area.
In addition to a year-round activities calendar, members can enjoy our fantastic facilities, including the Clubroom, Watershed bar and restaurant, a comfortable lounge, and sundeck setting, in the heart of Brighton Marina.
As a member, you are the heart of our club. Our club is run by members for members.
As a full member, your benefits include:
20% discount on food and drinks
You can book and use the club and its facilities for events, meetings, parties etc.
You have access to special BMYC events..... BBQs, wine-tastings, presentations by visiting speakers such as RNLI, sailing legends and experts in all area of boating or racing.
You have voting rights at our AGM.
Sailing/boating members will benefit from:
Discounts on boat-related services from a host of local businesses
Access to BMYC racing - see our race calendar.... enter your boat and join the fleet, with regular racing. We race on Sunday mornings all year, and Wednesday evenings in the Summer (weather and tides permitting!) You can also enter big events like the Dieppe Dash, Round the Island, Royal Escape and various other regattas, including those run by us and by Sussex Combined Clubs. https://bmyc.uk/page/racing
Access to BMYC cruising - see our cruising section for events you'd enjoy. https://bmyc.uk/page/cruising
You can offer yourself as a crew member to join in with other members.
You have access to Club Class... our twice-yearly yacht racing experience which we run on 5 Saturday mornings in the Spring and Autumn. https://bmyc.uk/page/club-class
If you are a new berth-holder at Premier Brighton, we offer you a three-month free trial membership, with 10% discount at the bar and galley and access to everything else the club offers.
If you are visitor from another Premier Marina, let us know and we will give you honorary membership for your stay.
If you are visiting from another yacht club, bring your card along to get a 10% discount in the club.
Membership is annual from the date of your joining. Joining fees are payable when you join but membership can be paid for the entire year or spread over the year - which ever is most convenient for you.
Membership Fees for 2023/24
- Single membership applies to individuals over the age of 26.
- The costs are: Joining fee (one off) £25 and Subscription (annual payment of £210.00 or monthly direct debit 12 X £20.00
- Family membership applies to couples and their children (under the age of 18).
- The costs are : Joining fee (one off) £50 and Subscription (annual payment of £325.00 or direct debit 12 X £30.00)
Single Membership - Concessionary
- Concessionary membership applies if you are aged 18 to 26*, in full time education*, or long-term unemployed, or registered disabled*,
- *supporting evidence required.
- The costs are: Joining fee (one off) £25 and Subscription (annual payment of £110.00 or direct debit 12 X £10.00)
Family Membership - Concessionary
- Family membership applies to couples and their children (under the age of 18), in full time education*, or long-term unemployed, or registered disabled*,
- *supporting evidence required.
- The costs are: Joining fee (one off) £50 and Subscription (annual payment of £220.00 or direct debit 12 X £21.00)
Our direct debits are managed by GoCardless. Speak to us for details.