Shorebased Training '24 » Diesel Engine Maintenance Course
RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance Course on the 9th of March 2024
BMYC Cruising will be running a training course for Diesel Engine Mainteance in our club on the 9th of March. BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW!
This will be an all day course with equipment provided. There will be a theory session to help understand diesel engines and then a practical with tools and a live volvo marine engine to practice on!.
The course instruction and examination will be provided by our friends at Brighton Boating.
Why should you take this course?
- It provides essential knowledge to diagnoise and resolve some of the most common engine failures you may experience.
- If you are considering doing annual servicing yourself to manage costs
- If you are just interested to understand how that noisy thing works!
What are the costs ?
- Course fee is £95 - - exclusive price for members - normal price £125!!
- A handbook & RYA certificate are included
What does the course cover ?
Mechanical failure is the main cause of lifeboat callouts, however this can be prevented if you learn basic maintenance and engine care.
Course Content Includes:
- Enquire About Diesel Engine course
- The principles of diesel engine operation
- The systems and parts of the engin
- Fault finding
- Rectification of common problems
- Bleeding the fuel system
- Changing the impeller
- Routine maintenance
- Winter lay up
NOTE : Please wear suitable clothing on the day as there is a possibility that you may get some oil on them!
Resources assigned to this event
9 March 2024↓LW 04:15 0.843m
↑HW 10:25 6.138m
↓LW 16:38 0.5m
↑HW 22:55 6.402m
Tide data for Shoreham