Current series officers
A member of the Race Committee or a more experienced racing member, the role of the Series Officer forms a link between the Organising Authority and the Race Officer ensuring continuity of racing over the Series.
The current list of series officers is shown below.
|Coastal Series 2022||TBA|
|Longshore Series 2022||TBA|
|Late Evening Series 2022||TBA|
|Autumn Series 2022||TBA|
|Winter Series 2021||TBA|
|Frostbite Series 2022||None|
|Commodore’s Cup Series 2022||Contact as per Primary Event|
|Spring Series 2022||None|
|Club Class – Spring 2022||None|
|Pursuit Events 2022||Colin Scarff|
|Early Summer Series 2022||TBA|
|Early Evening Series 2022||TBA|
|Home Front Series 2022||TBA|
|Prize Giving 2022||Greg Driver|
|Mid-Summer Series 2022||TBA|
|Mid-Evening Series 2022||TBA|
|Late Summer Series 2022||TBA|
|Club Class – Autumn 2022||Janice Dykes|
|Winter Series 2022||TBA|
Series officer duties
- Circa one month in advance of the race, contact the designated Race Officer to remind them of the Date of their Race Officer Duty, ensure they are prepared and have sufficient crew to assist them: Min 3 persons total – Max 5 persons total.
- On each day of racing, attend the yacht club about 2 hours before the start of the race to set-up the Sign-On Station and ensure the Race Officer is in attendance.
- Brief the Race Officer with any information required to run the race and support the Race Officer whilst running Sign-On.
- Check the course set by the race officer ensuring the course is of sufficient quality and complies with the advice in the race officer guidelines.
- Report any protests or requests for redress to the Race Committee Officer responsible immediately upon receipt. The Race Committee Officer responsible will arrange a hearing the same day.
- Confirm the race results are correct before publication.
- Confirm the series results are correct before publication.
- Announce the race results and award any wine prizes.
- Give out any notices about coming events e.g. Club Class.