Current series officers
A member of the Race Committee or a more experienced racing member, the role of the Series Officer forms a link between the Organising Authority and the Race Officer ensuring continuity of racing over the Series.
The current list of series officers is shown below.
|Frostbite Series 2018||Colin Scarff|
|Spring Series 2018||Paul Dupret|
|Club Class 2018||Janice Dykes|
|Regattas 2018||Alex Laurie|
|Coastal Series 2018||Matthew Holmes|
|Early Summer Series 2018||Alex Laurie|
|Offshore Series 2018||Colin Scarff|
|Pursuit Series 2018||Alex Laurie|
|Mid-Summer Series 2018||Steve Trigwell|
|Late Summer Series 2018||Greg Driver|
|Autumn Series 2018||Jennifer MacGregor|
|Winter Series 2018||TBA|
Series officer duties
- Circa one month in advance of the race, contact the designated Race Officer to remind them of the Date of their Race Officer Duty, ensure they are prepared and have sufficient crew to assist them: Min 3 persons total – Max 5 persons total.
- On each day of racing, attend the yacht club about 2 hours before the start of the race to set-up the Sign-On Station and ensure the Race Officer is in attendance.
- Brief the Race Officer with any information required to run the race and support the Race Officer whilst running Sign-On.
- Check the course set by the race officer ensuring the course is of sufficient quality and complies with the advice in the race officer guidelines.
- Report any protests or requests for redress to the Race Committee Officer responsible immediately upon receipt. The Race Committee Officer responsible will arrange a hearing the same day.
- Confirm the race results are correct before publication.
- Confirm the series results are correct before publication.
- Announce the race results and award any wine prizes.
- Give out any notices about coming events e.g. Club Class.