Current series officers
A member of the Race Committee or a more experienced racing member, the role of the Series Officer forms a link between the Organising Authority and the Race Officer ensuring continuity of racing over the Series.
The current list of series officers is shown below.
|Frostbite Series 2020 (Sponsored by Nicky’s Canvasworks)||Colin Scarff|
|Spring Series 2020||Paul Dupret|
|Club Class – Spring 2020||Janice Dykes|
|Coastal Series 2020||Matthew Holmes|
|Pursuit Events 2020||Colin Scarff|
|Early Wednesday Series 2020||TBA|
|Prize Giving||Robert Stiles|
|Offshore Series 2020||Steve Trigwell|
|Mid-Wednesday Series 2020||TBA|
|Early Summer Series 2020||TBA|
|Late Wednesday Series 2020||TBA|
|Mid-Summer Series 2020||TBA|
|Late Summer Series 2020||Robert Stiles|
|Club Class – Autumn 2020||Janice Dykes|
|Autumn Series 2020||Greg Driver|
|Winter Series 2020||Neil Angel|
Series officer duties
- Circa one month in advance of the race, contact the designated Race Officer to remind them of the Date of their Race Officer Duty, ensure they are prepared and have sufficient crew to assist them: Min 3 persons total – Max 5 persons total.
- On each day of racing, attend the yacht club about 2 hours before the start of the race to set-up the Sign-On Station and ensure the Race Officer is in attendance.
- Brief the Race Officer with any information required to run the race and support the Race Officer whilst running Sign-On.
- Check the course set by the race officer ensuring the course is of sufficient quality and complies with the advice in the race officer guidelines.
- Report any protests or requests for redress to the Race Committee Officer responsible immediately upon receipt. The Race Committee Officer responsible will arrange a hearing the same day.
- Confirm the race results are correct before publication.
- Confirm the series results are correct before publication.
- Announce the race results and award any wine prizes.
- Give out any notices about coming events e.g. Club Class.