June 22, 2019 @ 10:00AM
Cruisers Workshop - June 2019
Our next Cruisers Workshop will be held on Saturday 22nd June at the BMYC Clubhouse The Workshop is designed to build on the knowledge obtained from the Navionics and Instrumentation workshop presented by Garmin and Eurotek recently and gets into the detail of how to select, install and look after your navigation instruments and systems onboard. It will presented by Terry Longhurst who is the technical guru onboard RedEye and has recently upgraded all of the Nav systems on the boat We plan to start at 1030 and the galley will be open at 1000 for tea/coffee and breakfast The general objectives are : The objectives are ;
- how instruments and sensors are typically wired (networked) together and why. With examples of good and bad.
- how to perform simple network fault finding. With examples of 'sniffing the network' and 'stimulating the network'.
- how to connect the latest generation of instruments to legacy systems and sensors. With examples from Raymarine, Garmin, B&G and NKE (as time permits).
- how to add a PC to the instrument network. With an example of using OpenCPN.
- how to add a WIFI access point to the existing instruments.
- how to configure a WIFI connection for one or more iPads or Android devices. With examples of both types of device running various free instrument and data logging apps.
July 27, 2019 @ 9:00AM
BMYC Cruising – we have finalised plans for the BMYC summer cruise from Brighton on Sat 27th July to Fowey and back to Brighton arriving Sunday 11th AugustPassage Plans are complete for visits to Gosport, Lymington, Weymouth, Dartmouth and Fowey going west and then Brixham, Weymouth (maybe Portland), Yarmouth, Cowes (if space available) and Gosport on the way home - hopefully catching a bit of the SailGP F50 racing in the Solent on the final weekend Boats are welcome to join for all or part of the cruise but in order for us to book discounted berthing and to get an idea of general numbers please register your intention to join by sending an email to me at email@example.com at the latest by Fri 31st May. I will then organise a meeting at the BMYC clubhouse where we can finalise details I hope you will support us in our strategy to build the BMYC Cruising fleet