Club Class aims to provides you with a brief introduction to inshore yacht racing and appreciation of the skills needed to crew on these racing boats.
- All boats are provided free of charge by their owners. Participants in ‘Club Class’ are guests aboard these boats and the owners receive no payment whatsoever for their involvement in ‘Club Class’.
- All helpers with ‘Club Class’ are volunteers and receive no payment whatsoever for their involvement in ‘Club Class’. For the duration of ‘Club Class’ – helpers, skippers or any other person associated with the running of ‘Club Class’ will be deemed to be ‘Servants of the Club’.
- ‘Club Class’ is run entirely by volunteers. ‘Club Class’ is NOT a training course and participation of helpers, skippers, presenters or any other servants of the Club does not signify their suitability to instruct.
All members of the Club, their guests and visitors, may use the Club premises, and any other facilities of the Club, entirely at their own risk and accept that:
- The Club, its Officers and its servants will not accept any liability for any damage or loss of property belonging to members, their guests or visitors to the Club.
- The Club, its Officers and its servants will not accept any liability for personal injury arising out of the use of the Club premises, and any other facilities of the Club, or out of participation in any race or activity organised by the Club, whether sustained by members, their guests or visitors, whether or not such damage or injury could have been attributed to or was occasioned by the neglect, default or negligence of any of the Club Officers, committee or servants of the Club.
Before inviting any guests or visitors on to the premises or to participate in events organised by the Club, members will draw their attention to these conditions.
- As with any sport there is some risk associated with sailing. You must agree to follow the instructions of the designated skipper of your yacht and should follow out their instructions in a calm and controlled manner. The decks of yachts are often wet and therefore slippery and care must be taken when moving around, suitable footwear should be worn at all times.
- Should you wish to wear a life jacket and/or lifeline at any time, please inform you skipper. When instructed by your skipper to wear a life jacket and/or lifeline you must do so.
Places are strictly limited and will be allocated first come first served.
Your personal details from your club class application are kept by us on our club management system for administrative purposes only and are never shared with third parties. If you do not wish your details to be stored, let us know.
Fee includes full membership of Brighton Marina Yacht Club for one year.